Thursday, March 14, 2019

Mosquito Saliva Proteins as Potential Zika Vaccine Targets

The 2015 epidemic of Zika virus in Brazil and the Americas launched a global search for a vaccine, and researchers at Yale University are investigating Aedes aegypti (the mosquito that carries and transmits Zika) to find new strategies for vaccines against mosquito-borne illnesses.

The team took the blood of mice that had been bitten by mosquitoes and isolated antibodies, identified mosquito proteins using a genomic screen, and examined the effects of these mosquito proteins on Zika infection in vitro and in vivo. One of those proteins, AgBR1, exacerbated Zika infection in mouse models. They then tested AgBR1 inhibition in vivo using an antiserum, which reduced Zika viral loads over time and provided partial protection against advanced disease and death.

Led by Prof. Erol Fikrig, Section Chief of Infectious Diseases at the Yale School of Medicine, the team published their work in Nature Microbiology. This work points to mosquito salivary proteins as potential targets when engineering vaccines against mosquito-borne flaviviruses like Zika.

Read more at: https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2019/03/190311125346.htm

- Arjun Kumar

4 comments:

  1. I got diagnosed with HPV, i have be dealing with this mess for the past 8yrs. On till i got review online about natural cure people testifies how they got cured with natural treatment. And i order the treatment, after taking it for two weeks i totally got cured with herbal treatment. I'm recommending you diagnosis with HPV should get this treatment via; princetesskarachi@gmail .com , lifecentre@live.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I contracted hpv' i was told there is no hpv cure except treatment to control it, i totally lost of hope all i could think loosing my life because it was so embarrass for been hpv patient. some weeks ago i read possible natural cure which was guarantee And I ordered the treatment after one week i got 100% cure. I'm so excited to shear this testimony to every article for others living with hpv there is possible natural treatment to eliminate the virus email Dr Onokun, his herbal clinic address; Dronokunherbalcure@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. God has sent Dr Onokun to help people out from this horrible virus. i was diagnosis with hpv for 3 years, few months ago a friend introduced me to dr onokun and i only took his natural treatment for a week & 3 days, and i totally got cured with his herbal treatment. if you are suffering from hpv, you don't have to be roaming round dr onokun email is been attached to contact him on email:  dronokunherbalcure@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I Can't still believe that i got cured from Genital Herpes through herbal treatment from Dr Oyagu who I met through the internet, I actually couldn't believe it at first because it sounded impossible to me knowing how far I have gone just to get rid of it. Dr Oyagu send me his medicine which I took as instructed and here I am living a happy life once again, a big thanks to Dr Oyagu, I am sure there are many herbal doctors out there but Dr Oyagu did it for me, contact him oyaguherbalhome@gmail.com , also call or whatsApp him on +2348101755322

    ReplyDelete