Wednesday, March 20, 2019

DNA viruses welcome a new member

Medusavirus, a new large DNA virus was isolated from a hot spring in Japan by Masaharu Takemura, a virologist at the Tokyo University of Science. The researchers at Tokyo University proposed that it be a part of it’s own family, medusa virus. It’s aptly named after Medusa, because when Takemura grew microbes from the hot spring mud in his lab, notice that amoebas died in the presence of this virus, having bursted open in as  a result. However other cells would harden and shrivel, much how like Medusa turns her male victims into stone.  s for electron morphology, it is icosahedral and covered in spikes (remind you of adenovirus?). When sequencing its genome, they found some molecular peculiarities, it has genes encoding for all five types of histones that are present in complex cells. There are a couple of theories as to how it acquired these histones… to find out read on here:  https://www.theatlantic.com/science/archive/2019/03/giant-medusavirus-hosts-turn-to-stone/585289/  -Brittany Stinson

6 comments:

  1. I got diagnosed with HPV, i have be dealing with this mess for the past 8yrs. On till i got review online about natural cure people testifies how they got cured with natural treatment. And i order the treatment, after taking it for two weeks i totally got cured with herbal treatment. I'm recommending you diagnosis with HPV should get this treatment via; princetesskarachi@gmail .com , lifecentre@live.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believed God has sent dr onokun to help people out from this horrible virus. i was diagnosis with hpv for 3 years, few months ago a friend introduced me to dr onokun and i only took his natural treatment for a week & 3 days, and i totally got cured with his herbal treatment. if you are suffering from hpv, you don't have to be roaming round dr onokun email is been attached to contact him on email:  dronokunherbalcure@gmail.com 

    ReplyDelete
  3. I contracted hpv' i was told there is no hpv cure except treatment to control it, i totally lost of hope all i could think loosing my life because it was so embarrass for been hpv patient. some weeks ago i read possible natural cure which was guarantee And I ordered the treatment after one week i got 100% cure. I'm so excited to shear this testimony to every article for others living with hpv there is possible natural treatment to eliminate the virus email Dr Onokun, his herbal clinic address; Dronokunherbalcure@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. God has sent Dr Onokun to help people out from this horrible virus. i was diagnosis with hpv for 3 years, few months ago a friend introduced me to dr onokun and i only took his natural treatment for a week & 3 days, and i totally got cured with his herbal treatment. if you are suffering from hpv, you don't have to be roaming round dr onokun email is been attached to contact him on email:  dronokunherbalcure@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I Can't still believe that i got cured from Genital Herpes through herbal treatment from Dr Oyagu who I met through the internet, I actually couldn't believe it at first because it sounded impossible to me knowing how far I have gone just to get rid of it. Dr Oyagu send me his medicine which I took as instructed and here I am living a happy life once again, a big thanks to Dr Oyagu, I am sure there are many herbal doctors out there but Dr Oyagu did it for me, contact him oyaguherbalhome@gmail.com , also call or whatsApp him on +2348101755322

    ReplyDelete