Tuesday, March 12, 2019

Getting a flu shot while hospitalized may lower the chance of a heart attack

According to a research study of nearly 30 million adult patient records in the US, patients who got a flu shot while hospitalized had a 10% lower risk of having a heart attack that year compared to people who were hospitalized but did not receive a flu shot during their stay. These findings support previous research that suggesting a link between flu vaccine administration and a reduction in cardiovascular issues.

The study was led by Dr. Mariam Khandaker, an internal medicine resident at the Icahn School of Medicine, and the results were recently presented at the 68th Annual Scientific Session of the American College of Cardiology. Dr. Khandaker said that the findings showed "the flu vaccine should be considered primary prevention for heart attack, just like controlling your blood pressure, diabetes and cholesterol" - a statement that I'm not sure I agree with, despite the encouraging nature of the data.

It raises interesting questions around statistical error, such as how well the researchers controlled for confounding factors like how well-stocked the hospital was, the patient's receptiveness to medical advice and willingness to commit to overall health/preventative care, and the provider's tendency to follow proper protocols when giving care. I'm also curious about how how much of the 10% risk reduction could be explained by residual confounding beyond those factors.

Read more at: https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2019/03/190307081032.htm

- Arjun Kumar

5 comments:

  1. I got diagnosed with HPV, i have be dealing with this mess for the past 8yrs. On till i got review online about natural cure people testifies how they got cured with natural treatment. And i order the treatment, after taking it for two weeks i totally got cured with herbal treatment. I'm recommending you diagnosis with HPV should get this treatment via; princetesskarachi@gmail .com , lifecentre@live.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I has suffered for Human papillomavirus HPV) for 2years, I was given some tablets at the hospital but I refused to take it, They said I have to be on it for life so I don't want take a drugs everyday for life. No point in taking medicine everyday when u won't get cure from it and I was advice to seek for natural herbal cure, after some time I found dr onokun is the most trustful herbalist that have herbs to cure wicked symptom's,I emailed dr onokun, for 2weeks been his patient he cured my (HPV) with his herbal. I only used his natural herbs for two weeks it was 100% cure. I'm not (HPV) patient anymore. I'm happy about it i finally got cured out of this mess been in my body for 2years. I also recommend you if you're living with (HPV) or herpes symptoms i also want you to be free contact dr onokun with the email attach to my post. Dronokunherbalcure@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. God has sent Dr Onokun to help people out from this horrible virus. i was diagnosis with hpv for 3 years, few months ago a friend introduced me to dr onokun and i only took his natural treatment for a week & 3 days, and i totally got cured with his herbal treatment. if you are suffering from hpv, you don't have to be roaming round dr onokun email is been attached to contact him on email:  dronokunherbalcure@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I Can't still believe that i got cured from Genital Herpes through herbal treatment from Dr Oyagu who I met through the internet, I actually couldn't believe it at first because it sounded impossible to me knowing how far I have gone just to get rid of it. Dr Oyagu send me his medicine which I took as instructed and here I am living a happy life once again, a big thanks to Dr Oyagu, I am sure there are many herbal doctors out there but Dr Oyagu did it for me, contact him oyaguherbalhome@gmail.com , also call or whatsApp him on +2348101755322

    ReplyDelete
  5. Greatest thanks to Dr Oyagu for his herbal drugs that he prepared for me and when i start using it in just 2weeks i was completely cured and that ended my HERPES SIMPLEX 1&2 DISEASE i am so happy and grateful to Dr Oyagu . after reading about him on a testimony of Jason Cash on a blogger. i knew suddenly Dr Oyagu was the right Doctor to cure my HERPES SIMPLEX 1&2 DISEASE. i discuss with Dr Oyagu and he prepared a herbal medicine for me and when it got sent to me in south korean . i used the herbal medicine and 2weeks and i went to check up again. after 15years of suffering from HERPES SIMPLEX 1&2 at last i am smiling once again. Dr Oyagu also has remedy to others disease like COLD SORES,HIV/AIDS,DIABETES.CANCER,HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE AND MANY MORE. I oblige everyone to contact this powerful herbalist Dr Oyagu and be free from your suffering. contact his WhatsApp line: +2348101755322 or his Email:Oyaguherbalhome@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete