Thursday, March 7, 2019

New methods for CRISPR

A new study conducted at the UT Southwestern Medical Center was trying to use CRISPR on mice and human cells to correct a common mutation that underlies Duchenne muscular dystrophy (DMD). During the course of the study, researchers discovered that altering the dosages of the component sof the CRISPR improves how much dystrophin is produced. Dystrophin is the protein lost in DMD individuals which is essential for muscle control.

Normally, a 1 to 1 ratio of Cas 9 and guide RNA is used to guide a target to a certain part of the gene. However, the research group was not obtaining good results and thus decided to change this ratio. Through multiple trials, the researchers found that a 10 to 1 ratio of guide RNA to Cas9 resulted in optimal editing of the dystrophin gene, leading to eventual restoration of 90% of muscle function.

The research team is conducting a longer-term study using the same method to treat dogs with DMD. They hope that clinical trials are in store for the near future and hope to be able to extend this method to provide treatment for other childhood diseases.

Source
UT Southwestern Medical Center. "Scientists find method to boost CRISPR efficiency: Discovery made while editing genetic defect behind Duchenne muscular dystrophy." ScienceDaily. ScienceDaily, 6 March 2019. <www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2019/03/190306171244.htm>.

-Angela Wang

4 comments:


  1. I got diagnosed with HPV, i have be dealing with this mess for the past 8yrs. On till i got review online about natural cure people testifies how they got cured with natural treatment. And i order the treatment, after taking it for two weeks i totally got cured with herbal treatment. I'm recommending you diagnosis with HPV should get this treatment via; princetesskarachi@gmail .com , lifecentre@live.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I contracted hpv' i was told there is no hpv cure except treatment to control it, i totally lost of hope all i could think loosing my life because it was so embarrass for been hpv patient. some weeks ago i read possible natural cure which was guarantee And I ordered the treatment after one week i got 100% cure. I'm so excited to shear this testimony to every article for others living with hpv there is possible natural treatment to eliminate the virus email Dr Onokun, his herbal clinic address; Dronokunherbalcure@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I Can't still believe that i got cured from Genital Herpes through herbal treatment from Dr Oyagu who I met through the internet, I actually couldn't believe it at first because it sounded impossible to me knowing how far I have gone just to get rid of it. Dr Oyagu send me his medicine which I took as instructed and here I am living a happy life once again, a big thanks to Dr Oyagu, I am sure there are many herbal doctors out there but Dr Oyagu did it for me, contact him oyaguherbalhome@gmail.com , also call or whatsApp him on +2348101755322

    ReplyDelete
  4. I Can't still believe that i got cured from Genital Herpes through herbal treatment from Dr Oyagu who I met through the internet, I actually couldn't believe it at first because it sounded impossible to me knowing how far I have gone just to get rid of it. Dr Oyagu send me his medicine which I took as instructed and here I am living a happy life once again, a big thanks to Dr Oyagu, I am sure there are many herbal doctors out there but Dr Oyagu did it for me, contact him oyaguherbalhome@gmail.com , also call or whatsApp him on +2348101755322

    ReplyDelete