Tuesday, January 29, 2019

Anti-Ebola Monoclonal Antibody Appear Safe to Administer

Investigators at the Vaccine Research Center at the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases have developed an investigational treatment for Ebola, and results from a Phase 1 clinical trial were recently published in The Lancet. The study generated promising safety data, with the treatment appearing both well-tolerated and easy to administer to the 18 healthy adults who participated in the trial.

An often-fatal disease caused by a group of five species in the Ebolavirus genus (part of the Filovirus family), Ebola has had a severe human and societal impact in recent years - including a major epidemic in West Africa in 2014. The NIH investigators sought to address it with mAb114, a single monoclonal antibody aimed at the Zaire ebolavirus strain. The antibody binds to the core receptor binding domain on the virus's envelope protein, preventing it from entering human cells.  All infusions of the antibody were well-tolerated, and four of the eighteen participants reported mild side effects. Absorption, distribution, and elimination of the antibody were all uniform among participants, paving the way for further trials.

Importantly, mAb114 does not require a cold chain and can be easily stored and administered, making it very useful for outbreak settings in the field. The treatment is already being offered under compassionate use to Ebola patients in the Democratic Republic of the Congo, as well as as part of a combination therapy in a Phase 2/3 clinical trial.

Read more at: https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2019/01/190124193403.htm

- Arjun Kumar

2 comments:

  1. Hello everyone, I was infected with the Epstein-Barr virus and I got cured from the Epstein-Barr virus few months ago after i contacted Chief Dr Wealthy. I saw a post on the internet after i have seek healing for several years from different doctors in California. I sent the Doctor a request for help, just a few email i followed his instruction and he sent me the medication. Now i am negative and i referred him to all my friend who had this same sickness and they have gotten their cure too. You can contact him via his email: wealthylovespell@gmail.com or Phone call or whatsAPP: +2348105150446. While i was on his medication i understood that he can also cure HERPES, HIV/AIDS, CANCER, Male/female menopause, Miscarriage, Menstruation problems, PREGNANCY PROBLEM, EPILEPSY, GONORRHEA, LASSA FEVER, OBESITY, KIDNEY FAILURE, HYPERTENSION, FIBROID TUMOR, BRAIN FOG, EPSTEIN-BARR VIRUS and many more.

    Contact him today and get your problem solved.

    ReplyDelete

  2. I want to use the means to thank Robinson.buckler for his good work I have been very sick with this horrible diseases for 9 months they all tell me there was no cure for me I have go to different hospital I always have same news, I was confused because I feel like ending my life that time thank God I was able to locate doctor Robinson.buckler who help me I found his email on site how people was writing Good about him I never believe he can really cured me until when I get my test done. I am so happy to tell you this Robinson.buckler have a herbal cure to Herpes and you can take the medicine according to his instruction you will found out that you will give testimony like me I take his herbal medicine for just 2 week. I am so happy today that I am really free from this sickness here is Robinson.buckler email Robinson.buckler (( @yahoo. com ))………………………………. you can reach him out now https://robinbuckler.com/

    ReplyDelete